Families and their children are the future of our society and make an important contribution towards our community.
This is why families must be encouraged and supported. In most cases, the facilities of the district administration and the municipalities can give families the help they need. But there are also other options on offer from the private sector and many voluntary organisations. A family and child-friendly county really only comes about if there is mutual commitment.
- What kind of help is available for prospective parents?
- Where can I get financial support for families?
- Child benefit (for each child)
- Parental allowances (Elterngeld) (for employed persons after the birth)
- Subsidy for parents who stay home to care for their pre-school children (Betreuungsgeld)
- Benefits for education and participation (for financially challenged families)
- Who can help with child-rearing problems?
- How can I find somebody to care for my child?
- What school can my child attend?
- What activities are available here? How can I get involved?
We hope that this information will help you find quick answers to all your questions relating to children and family.